Wednesday, May 21, 2008

SAS Mega Kit Sampler

Wow! What a response to the “Name Me” contest, I had over 200 entries. Obviously the word “Blue” was pretty common and quite a few names contained either “Tranquil or Turbulent.” It was starting to look like it was going to be a tough choice since there were so many that fit when near the bottom of the list I found the perfect name, “Stone Washed Blues,” or almost perfect I should say, Arlene sent me twelve names but her nickname or her last name is “Bluez” and that seemed like a neat way to spell it. Stone Washed Bluez really fits, the “Stone” from Stone Accents Studio and the jean papers look like they are stone washed because of the color variations in them and I guess I don’t need to explain the “Blue” part…. LOL. Joanne Kraft and Arlene Bluez (?) will both get the mega kit and a $10 store coupon to spend on whatever they want.

If you have ever bought one of my kits you know that I go a little over board with papers, I just love to make them. When I have a good palette it is such a joy to see what I can come up with by changing blending modes or using different color overlays, it is not uncommon to come up with 80 or so papers. Obviously some of them are kind of similar but most of them are unique in some way. With this kit I ended up with almost 70 good papers. There are 20 in the kit and an additional 26 in the paper pack. It is in the store as a kit with a regular price of $5.99 but the introductory price is $4.20, there is a paper pack with 24 papers, regularly $3.25 but on sale for $2, the mega kit combines both for a total of 44 papers, the regular price is $7.50 but it is on sale for $5.75. The awesome SAS CT has already made some beautiful layouts, it is like this kit was just made for Janalyn’s Guatemala picture and it is an honor to have Marilyng’s incredible nature photos showcased with the kit, stop by and take a look.

Stone Washed Bluez



The SAS May Mega Kit was released today, there are 130 elements and 79 papers done in this delightfully playful color palette. These colors remind me of the days when I bought my kids clothes, some of their favorite outfits had these colors. I had a lot of fun making papers with this palette, the colors blend so well that I ended making 22 in just a few hours. If you buy the kit you do not need the sampler because the pieces are from the kit. I have asked the CT to make some QPs with is and I am hoping to give a couple of them out next week.

We are having a big spring cleaning sale this week, many of the designers have their older products on sale for up to 50% off so now it the time to save on some of those kits you have had your eye on. Here is a link to the newsletter, be sure to check it our so you can get the newsletter only freebies.
http://www.stoneaccentsstudio.com/newsletter/2008-05-21/index.htm

The Dear Mom, Stone Washed bluez and last month’s mega kit links are still active, I will have more of Dear Mom later in the week, in mean time enjoy the Mega Kit Sampler.

05-08 SAS Mega KIt



Close-up



A few of the 79 Papers



05-08 Mega Kit Sampler



Download 05-08 SAS Mega Kit Sampler

Part 1
Part 2