Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Memory Lane Free Kit

Well, It is a little late but here is part of my free June kit. It took a long time because I am meticulous when I extract things. The dried seed pod flowers, leaves and eucalyptus are from some pictures that I took a few weeks ago, Even with the great selection tools that Photoshop has the eucalyptus took FOREVER to extract, the seed pod flowers took a long time too but that was mainly because I extracted 12 of them so I could use them at different angles. The pictures were taken with a borrowed camera, it spoiled me a little bit. My digital camera is 7 years old, at the time 3 mega pixels were HUGH but now it is a dinosaur. I have been camera shopping and I think I have found the one that I want, a Canon G9, one thing I want in a camera is the ability to shoot in RAW, it is an extremely adaptable format. I am notorious for forgetting to change the white balance when I shoot, I end up with really bad color casts, like when I have the camera set on inside light but it is a bright sunny day. My daughters wedding pictures have a blue cast because I did that for her beach wedding. Bad colorcasts are difficult to fix perfectly but with the RAW format it is no big deal. I would love to get a SLR but to get everything I want in one of those it would be over a thousand dollars so I think for now I will go with the G9 so you can expect to see a lot more flowers and extracted elements in my kits. I should have more of the kit up later in the week and then next week there will be two more parts of the kit. There are 16 papers in today’s download and I have at least that many more to go.


Memory Lane Parts 1, 2, 3 and 4




Papers



Download Parts 1 and 2 Here
Download Parts 3 and 4 Here